Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sun Glasses 101 {Summer 2012}

Currently Craving: Lets face it, cat eye sun glasses are quite literally taking over. I am seeing them everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Which is quite okay by me, actually. Usually I am not one to jump on a trend this quickly, especially when it is sun glasses. But this trend has me so excited, I just can't help it.
 
Currently Crashing: Aviators definitely took their turn in the spot light, but recently they are slipping down in the ranks of fame and finding themselves in the shadows. Don't get me wrong, aviators are great if you still love them. But be aware, they are definitely on the outs, I suggest trying something new this summer!
 
Currently Cut-off: Bug eye sun glasses. If you are still wearing these, you need to take a deep breath and throw them away. It will be okay, I promise, there are better sun glasses out there. There was once a time when everyone was wearing these large and in charge (of your face) glasses, but looking like a  bug and hiding your entire face is no longer fashionable, and I, for one, am very happy about that.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're spot on about the cat eye sunglasses. I'm big time lusting after a pair by gucci.

    Cat eyes are definitely taking over but I don't think we've really seen the back end of the other two styles just yet, sunglasses tend to stay in style for several years and I think it depends on your outfit as to what style looks good. Most of the high end designer brands are still bringing out new designs in all three of these styles.

    The really big, very 'buggy' bug eye glasses I've never been a fan of but I have a pair of Chloe glasses that don't look too dissimilar to the ones you've pictured and I love them. I'll still be wearing them this summer!

    Hopefully in rotation with a new pair of cat eye style sunglasses, hehe :)

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I still own three pairs of aviators. I suppose crashing was a bit harsh, because they are not going anywhere any time soon. I agree that the big bug eye glasses are still making statement this season in some stores, I think I might be resentful because they have never looked that good on me! haha, thank you for your comment, though! Loved your thoughts :)

      Delete