Sunday, August 5, 2012

{Three Ways to Wear: A Denim Jacket }

A denim jacket can be worn in just about every outfit. It can dress something down or jazz it up. Either way, a good denim jacket is a great statement piece for this fall and winter. Here are some of the ways I am looking forward to wearing my denim jacket.
Were you worried that those colorful pants you bought for the spring and summer were going to collect dust over the next few months? Don't you worry, they will do no such thing. Who says you can't bring them into the fall and winter? It is the way you pair the color that makes it cooler weather ready. I love the play with preppy and hipster in this outfit. A nice pair of bright pants, a sweater and a denim jacket scream prepster, but the combat boots add such a rough edge, perfect for the winter.

I am such a sucker for polka dots. This adorable J Crew skirt with a simple mustard yellow sweater tucked in make my knees go weak. Not to mention the riding boots, and I am sold. I personally think the denim jacket adds so much to this outfit. It pulls the whole thing together. Oh, layering, how I love you.
This last outfit was actually inspired by something I saw someone wearing in a British tabloid that I found randomly sitting on a treadmill at my gym. Weird, I know, but true. I loved the look of wearing a leather skirt castually into the colder months by layering. And in case you are drooling over the ankle booties like I have been for the last few hours, they are from Zara, and they are perfect. Again, the denim really helps make the leather more casual and all around pulled together. Is there anything better than a denim jacket, though?

No comments:

Post a Comment