Thursday, October 13, 2011

{for the love of tweed}


Ask any of my friends and they will tell you I have always loved tweed. Unfortunately, tweed has a kind of a stuffy, stuck up reputation. When I think tweed I think of Scotland, old men with cigars and sipping brandy, country club, and proper women with some kind of accent...then again, I might watch too many movies. But this has finally changed, tweed no longer (well, kind of..) has such a hard to work with reputation, and is popping up everywhere! Thank God. I don't know where my love affair with tweed came into play, but I do know that for as long as I can remember (so probably about age 11) I have loved it.

Incorperating a tweed blazer with some jeans and flats is probably my favorite go-to look for a dressy/casual outfit. And I am also now obsessed with finding a good tweed dress after seeing the ones above. Perfection. So be bold and try some tweed (how can you resist those Toms?! Really..), it adds some serious sophistication to any outfit!

3 comments:

  1. Those tweed dresses are really cute. I always think of jackets, skirts and shoes when it comes to tweed. There are so many options nowadays! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tweed!
    I've been obsessing over a white/silver tweed jacket at Zara but I can't afford it right now :(
    Found you on IFB. Now following!
    Please have a look at my blog and follow if you like =)
    X, Lucy
    http://lovelybylucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow Lucy! I love your blog, and am now following as well. I think I know what Zara jacket you are talking about and I feel your pain :( If I find any good ones for less ill let you know!

    ReplyDelete